Time magazine 'Man of the Year'

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by bwilson4web, Dec 14, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/technol...son-of-the-year-worst-ever-choice-say-critics

Time magazine’s decision to make Tesla billionaire Elon Musk its person of the year for 2021 has been criticised because of his attitude to tax, opposition to unions and playing down the dangers of Covid.
    Musk, who is also the founder and chief executive of space exploration company SpaceX, recently passed Amazon founder Jeff Bezos as the world’s wealthiest person as the rising price of Tesla shares pushed his net worth to around $300bn (£227bn).
    Describing him as a “clown, genius, edgelord, visionary, industrialist, showman”, Time cited the breadth of Musk’s endeavours, from his founding of SpaceX in 2002, to his hand in the creation of the alternative energy company SolarCity in addition to Tesla, the most valuable car company in the world.
    . . .

Whoever is 'Man of the Year,' short of Mother Teresa, is going to attract attention and be criticized. Elon sure irritates some folks ... personality conflicts.

I've experienced such conflicts before and sadly some were brilliant people whose work I admired. Regardless, I've noticed Elon critics cite 'a mote' while ignoring his major accomplishments and that is not right. So when members of my political party behave that way, my interest in supporting them evaporates. I'm not switching sides but being more precise in who I support.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Being the "Person of the Year"does not mean you are a warm fuzzy type of person. Note Hitler, Stalin (twice), and a few other nasty folks have been on the cover of Time.

There is no doubt that Musk has set high goals for his team to accomplish and his team has done so. I think Time made a good choice.

The Democrats need the union vote in Michigan to win a state that has become more Republican. So cut them some slack since I doubt what they say in private is what they say in public as we are finding out with the Trump coup.