The electric Countryman: first MINI product designed from the outset as EV

Discussion in 'Countryman EV' started by fishbert, Mar 2, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

sacharama and ZDBRG like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

A good choice for buyers as size wise etc it’s the number one selling model in the USA.
    On a personal note neither I nor my wife consider the countryman to be a Mini. Grafting on a Mini esque styles gripe and lights onto the front doesn’t make it so either.
    It’s for people who want to say they drive a Mini without actually wanting to drive a Mini.

revorg and insightman like this.
  4. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

Canyoneroman

5. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Personally I have no qualms with the Countryman as winter is 6 months long. Every year vehicle design is getting angrier and angrier, so it's nice to have options for happy EV faces.

6. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

Some additional information here:
    https://www.motoringfile.com/2023/03/03/exclusive-report-the-2025-mini-countryman-in-depth-preview/

We’ve heard whispers that MINI plans to sell two versions of the electric Countryman, one with a single motor driving the front wheels and the two motor set-up described above. That might mean the dual motor layout could be branded as a JCW model given the performance potential. But as of yet, we haven’t confirmed those whispers.

Given that the J01 Cooper and the J02 Aceman won’t be coming stateside for awhile and the F56 based electric MINI will likely die in the transition to the F66 generation, we’d be surprised if MINI USA didn’t important the Countryman SE. Given the models popularity in the US and increasing brand association with electrification, it would make sense to us even if were a lower volume, higher priced model.​

addressee and insightman like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. sacharama

sacharama Active Member

Hope they will retain the flush roof rails for the production model.

9. KiwiRob

KiwiRob Member

Hope it's better than the iX1 with it's 430km range and 130kw DC fast charging speed, these are not the stats needed when BMW call a small family vehicle. There are a lot of similarly sized vehicles for sale in Norway with much better specs than this.

10. carrrl

carrrl Active Member

That kind of speed is adequate if it's got a good curve and small battery. This is also the bottom of the BMW family and a MINI (which has always been classified lower than any BMW.) The higher up models like iX and i4 just touch 200kW, which isn't industry leading either. That is to say, I'd expect 100kw-130kw because that is where BMW is right now. Even the next gen 2-door hardtop SE will likely be a modest charger, not even close to 100kw despite the new platform.

11. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Honestly 200 mile range without hypermiling and 30 minute 0%-80 SoC at 85kW flat would be more than enough. I'd rather be at the the top end of the lower 1-90kW tier than be charged at the double rate 91-350kW tier for time based charging.

carrrl likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.