Test drove a Polestar 2 yesterday.

Discussion in 'Polestar 2' started by Fastnf, Apr 22, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I test drove a Polestar 2 yesterday with all of the packs (options) Pilot, Performance, Plus, Leather. Over all it was a very nice car and had performance similar to the Volvo XC 40 and C40 which I have also driven. After the test drive I decided that this is not the car for me. It was the small thing that were issues for me. I tended to bump my head on the roof line getting in and out of the drives seat. Once inside there was plenty of room. The arm rest on the door was to far away from me to be useful to me. I am 5'7' so on the shorter side. The arm rest on the center console was to far back so it was not of use and when I would set my arm there and the front of the arm rest which has a ridge would poke me in the back of the elbow. Also getting in and out of the back seat was awkward. I have friends in their 80's that I take around so this is a consideration for me as I want them to be comfortable. I also found the power seats to be finicky. especially the up and down movement of the base. Some times it would work and other times it wouldn't. These are all small things but I know over time they would bug me so its not the car for me. Guess I take another look at the Volvo c40

Tony S and electriceddy like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

Had my test drive this morning; they delivered a dual-motor car, with the Pilot and Plus options, to my driveway for a half hour drive. I mostly liked the car a lot with few exceptions. The driving and chases performance are great. Ergonomically, there is one issue that might be a game buster for me; the center console is intruding into the driver’s right knee, making it awkward to comfortably press on the accelerator. Also, in terms of value, I find it unacceptable that at $62K you still have to spend an extra $4K for a decent leather interior.

I’ll keep my reservation as I look for elusive alternatives: Audi Q4, Genesis GV60, IONIQ 5 ……… BMW EVs are too ugly for me.

Jon Feldman likes this.
  4. Jon Feldman

Jon Feldman New Member

I live in Los Angeles went to Polestar Dealer on Wilshire Blvd. yesterday Saturday
    History
    Tesla Model X 3 years
    Tesl Model Y 1 year
    Chevrolet Volt 8 months
    The dealership had 3 Pilots on the showroom floor ea. different levels of features.
    I was so excited about checking out these cars!
    Well to my dismay the car was..... Terrible I'm 5' 11" 190 lbs.i went to get in
    1 IT WAS TIGHT
    2. I don't know how to describe this When looking out the front windshield I could not see the first 50% of front of the hood.
    3. I felt the seat level needed to be raised like 2ft. I literally could not become comfortable, I kept hitting my elbows against door arm rest passenger seat...
    4. To be honest (Remember I wanted to buy a Polestar) I seriously had to get out of the car I have NEVER felt that way ever. It almost felt like I was in a coffin (I know terrible but that's how I felt) I was SO DISAPPOINTED. Ugh......
    Before anybody buys this car SIT IN THE CAR

Jon

Fastnf likes this.
  5. I really like the car as well but decided not to buy after sitting in it, so I understand completely. I still love to look of it but it is not for me. I have decided to go with a F150 Lighting. Totally different but it suits me as it will replace my F250 Oddly the F150 is just as quick and efficient as the Pole Star. Go figure??o_O

Jon Feldman likes this.
  6. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

The P2 is not for everyone; this is more of a driver, not a family, car. Without the Tax credit for the P2, the Audi Q4 is worth waiting for. I have no interest in any Tesla, and the EVs from BMW are really weird looking (channeling Chris Bangle’s days).

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. The Ford F150 lightning is the most important EV made, to date.