Test Drive Bolt EUV

Discussion in 'Bolt EV' started by Shelly, Jul 5, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Stopped by my local dealer for a test drive last Thursday. I drove the Launch version. My overall impression was... OK to mildly favorable. Two favorite options: 1) I really liked that the seats had cooling. 2)You have the option to make the rear mirror into a video camera with zoom and pan out settings. Great camera options with multiple views.
    I didn't try the cruise control (no freeway driving) and one pedal driving. I couldn't locate the control on the one pedal driving, and the sales person didn't know where it was either. Turned out to be right on the middle console. Silly me! I did use the paddle, which seemed effective. There are controls to raise and lower volume (and some other action relating to entertainment system) behind the spokes on the steering wheel. I didn't see any indication of these on the driver facing side of the steering wheel- must be on the secret menu?
    The car was quick enough, it had good off the line acceleration for merging on to ramps, etc. It's not a rocket ship, but sufficient for me. The ride was firm enough, but not jarring. I think my biggest negative was that I felt cramped from side to side. Also marginal headroom in the backseat. I'm 5'11" with a long torso. I sensed that my head was not far from hitting the roof and a quick observation confirmed this. No AC vents for the backseat. Good legroom in backseat. The storage area was not great, I thought that my Kia Niro had more room. No auto close on rear tailgate.
    Turning radius was about the same as my Leaf and Niro.
    I gonna say that after the initial roll out, this model will go "on sale" pretty soon there after. Maybe in two to three years you'll be able to pick one up for $150 a month on lease.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. racerx2005

racerx2005 Member

IMG_3691.JPG

The Bolt EUV cargo area is actually smaller than the Bolt EV as per the attached picture.

We will return our 2019 Bolt EV when its lease ends by the end of December/2021; the battery fire issue was the last drop; well will avoid EV’s from GM going forward.

I’d say keep shopping around.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. rgmichel

rgmichel Active Member

I test drove the EUV yesterday. The added features all work well, including the adaptive cruise control and the super cruise. These are valuable additions to the Bolt line. The cargo space at the back was noticeably bigger than the Bolt. I put cargo in the back with the seats up that I could not do in my Bolt EV, and the legroom in the back is significantly better. It feels heavier than the Bolt while driving, and its not as quick off the mark, and not quite as agile on bends. These are no doubt a result of the slightly larger size of the EUV, but do not take away too much from all the smooth advantages the Bolt EV has always given us. The interface at the console is much improved over the Bolt and the navigation looks pretty good. Given that the Bolt had navigation only through onstar this is an improvement for many. The EUV retains onstar features, and Apple Carplay etc. My own feeling is that I prefer the drivability of the Bolt EV over the EUV, but this may be a close call for some. The cruise control features may also favor the choice of the EUV over the EV for some. If I bought an EUV I would be looking back nostalgically on my Bolt EV. Its a bit galling that we may be forced to give up our Bolt EV as GM rolls out its buyback program for those affected by this apparently intractable battery problem.