Tesla price rises

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by bwilson4web, Nov 12, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

With deliveries out to next summer, Tesla is trying to slow things down while building out new factories. Once they ramp up, prices will become more reasonable.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see what their net income will look like over the next few quarters. This should tell us whether the cost increase is Tesla greed or the cost of supplies.

Folks have been pointing out that Tesla needs the carbon credits. These price increases may put that issue to bed if it's more greed than cost of supplies.

4. bwilson4web

I haven’t reviewed the Q3 2021 financials but one trusted reviewer pointed out that emissions credits play no significant profit role. There is a Tesla investor web page with their SEC filings.

My expectation is realizing FSD revenue will be significant.

5. marshall

Since you brought up FSD, what's your current safety score? Do you think you will get FSD beta activated by Christmas?

6. ENirogus

ENirogus Active Member

I am pretty certain it is related to cost of supplies. More specifically the risk of future price increases. Truly giant carmakers can forgo material related price hikes until the next model year, but despite its market cap, Tesla is still a small automaker in scale.
    More than actual price increases, shipping related delays cost real money.
    Your half million chips are on a boat in the Pacific, you call Taiwan and get 200 shipped overnight. You pay the 200 price and the overnight. Prices on the item didn't really increase, but your costs sure did

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bwilson4web

upload_2021-11-14_13-16-51.png
    My understanding is the threshold is now 98. Meanwhile the easy bugs are being found and fixed.

Bob Wilson

9. marshall

So it looks like a Christmas present.

10. marshall

Tesla is now estimating delivery time in March 2022. They must of received a bunch of batteries from China.