Tesla got kicked out of S&P ESG Index

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by R P, May 18, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

This should have been posted in the OFF TOPIC area. If Dominick can move it, I will comment there.

3. What, only positive news about Tesla can be posted here? This is not just about Tesla, but ESG. Why is Exon approved by ESG, and not Tesla? Is Tesla no longer climate change friendly?

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

When I bought my TSLA stock in 2016-17, it was not in the S&P500, much less the Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) list. ESG had and has nothing to do with my reasons for TSLA ownership. However, the ESG delisting has made TSLA a great buy.

Bob Wilson

teslarati97 likes this.
  5. Yup, a double whammy for TSLA. Stock markets down big time overall, and esp tech and high flyer stocks. And now not ESG eligible which is a big deal for a lot of the big institutional funds. But the crazy thing is Exon is in, and TSLA is out. Doesn't make a lot of sense... I think this whole ESG thing could blow up, if it is not fairly applied. I am sure Elon Musk will not be taking this lying down.

ESG is a bit of a scam, I think, like selling carbon credits which just allows big polluters to keep on poluting.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
    teslarati97 likes this.
  6. To remove this ad click here.

7. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Tesla was once climate change friendly but that was back in 2003-2008 with the original founders of Marc Tarpenning and Martin Eberhard. Driving a Tesla these days is not about saving the environment, it's simply the morally superior experience just like having a morally superior diet.

GetOffYourGas and R P like this.
  8. [​IMG]

teslarati97 likes this.
  9. BTW, @teslarati97, do you actually live in Churchill MB and own a Tesla, or just yanking our chains here?

10. A righteous act, committed by the indifferent, is still righteous.

The whole point of Tesla is to make cleaner choices cheaper than traditional alternatives.

teslarati97 likes this.
  11. To remove this ad click here.

12. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

• "morally" (1) is $2.75/100 miles. Free miles available too while shopping or eating.
    • "morally" (2) is about $3.50/100 miles or $3.00/100 miles getting a free motel charge.
    • No ICE or transmission maintenance such as oil changes, air filter, PCV, transmission fluid ...
    Bob Wilson

teslarati97 likes this.
  13. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Yes. We are all trying to do our part to save the polar bears without having to live in a hippie commune farm in Hawaii on an animal free diet.

Ezekiel 18:24 (KJV)
    But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Ezekiel 18:24 (NLT)
    However, if righteous people turn from their righteous behavior and start doing sinful things and act like other sinners, should they be allowed to live? No, of course not! All their righteous acts will be forgotten, and they will die for their sins.

Indeed driving a Tesla is clearly morally superior to ICE alternatives, and if the entire world went vegan, it could have a net cumulative reduction of 25 gigatons of CO2 per year.

14. And you drive a Tesla there?? With the shape of a white Tesla, I would be worried that an amorous polar bear might mistake it for one of their own...:D

15. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

A self-funded study by the CEO of Impossible Foods (they make products like the Impossible Burger) and one of their advisors that concludes we should all stop eating animal products and instead eat their product. Hmmm….

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

16. Even a musk-ox would be a worry.

R P likes this.