Tesla Canceled my Order

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by JankyEngineer, Mar 23, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JankyEngineer

JankyEngineer New Member

Not looking for pity here, just a PSA and some help. Ordered a MYLR In Sept. Got a VIN, scheduled pickup in MN 3/28. Financing secured, and last night the car disappears from the app and the webpage.

Without my knowledge or confirmation my contact phone number, which was correct when we ordered, i know because went back and checked the document, was switched to a number I’ve never seen before. That number was texted by SA and responded that he wanted to cancel my order. I called that guy, he was very nice. Had no idea why he was getting the messages, thought they were spam, and so replied to cancel.

Tesla already gave my car to someone else/another service center and at this point my only option was to reorder. I’m told they are working to improve my delivery time to April/May and pricing to original, or to attempt to secure an inventory car that pops up. Currently no additional compensation is being offered because “my account” canceled the order.
    I write this to inform you all the CHECK YOUR CONTACT INFO regularly. Especially close to delivery. The other number said he only started getting texts recently so it may have changed as little as a month ago, or it could have back in September.

I’m also writing this to ask if you happen to see a:

MYLR
    Midnight Silver Metallic
    Black interior
    5 seat
    Inductions
    With Tow hitch(or without)

That you let me know so I can forward it to my advisor in hopes of securing a car as soon as possible.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Any possibility you might have accessed your Tesla account from a public WiFi?

Bob Wilson

4. JankyEngineer

JankyEngineer New Member

I cannot say for sure because it’s been 6 months but I’d be surprised if I hadn’t at some point.

5. JankyEngineer

JankyEngineer New Member

Quick update:

To Teslas credit they are clearly working to make this right. Original pricing was honored as well as credits to our new order for the supercharger referral miles and one year of free premium connectivity our original order had. EDD was moved from October to June which is a start, but still too far off. I’m told they have placed inquiry to IT to try to determine how/when the contact number was changed.

bwilson4web likes this.
  6. JankyEngineer

JankyEngineer New Member

Quick update 2:

Today would have been the day we picked up our original car. Have been in contact with our store almost daily. They actually did reach out with an option that was black instead of MSM which we declined so I know they are staying vigilant. Just a waiting game until a matching car becomes available or can be built. I ask if anyone knows of the following to contact me please:

MYLR
    MIdnight Silver Metallic
    Black interior
    20” inductions
    Hitch doesn’t matter

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Georgestillwaiting

Georgestillwaiting New Member

I ordered my dual motor long range (red) in August 2021 and still don't have it. How have you contacted them? Who is "working to make this right"? I've never gotten a VIN and the delivery date keeps slipping. Any ideas?

9. JankyEngineer

JankyEngineer New Member

We had a service advisor assigned to us at our local Tesla Store when we ordered after our test drive who we’ve worked with since day one. If you ordered online I would think someone should have emailed you about it? If not, there’s a Map of all the SCs on Teslas website. You can call the number/email and try to get ahold of someone.

Final update to this saga:

Picked up or re-ordered MYLR on 4/25!

Credit where credit is due. The team at Maplewood/Tesla pulled every string in the book and we had our new car delivered less than a month from the original EDD of the canceled car.

Held out for our exact spec factory built, not an inventory car. Did the full checklist inspection and it’s flawless inside and out.

Mistakes happen, our SA was technically just following policy and checking in with “us” when the order got canceled. How it was handled after the fact says a lot about the Maplewood team and Tesla. So because I know you see these posts, thank you! We could not be happier with the car!

One final note, the official IT inquiry result was that our contact number was changed about 2 weeks prior to our fiasco via external log in, implying our account was hacked. Turn on 2FA and make sure you check that info from time to time!
    916FF90C-0486-4A9B-A7CB-F7774C577893.jpeg

LegoZ, Frank K and bwilson4web like this.