Tesla 2022 Q1 production

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by bwilson4web, Apr 2, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Source: Tesla sets another record quarter with 310,048 vehicle deliveries in Q1 2022

Tesla said its Model 3 and Model Y recorded 295,324 of the total deliveries. The Model S and Model X made up the remaining 14,724 of the automaker’s Q1 2022 deliveries. Tesla does not specify how many of each individual vehicle model it delivered during the first quarter.

The quantity of all-electric cars Tesla delivered in Q1 beat estimates from twelve analysts surveyed by Bloombergyesterday. The analysts indicated Tesla would deliver 309,158 vehicles globally from its three active production facilities. Tesla currently manufactures the Model S, 3, X, and Y in Fremont, California. Internationally, Tesla’s facility in Shanghai produces the Model 3 and Model Y, while its newest plant in Germany, known as Gigafactory Berlin, builds the Model Y.

Despite a lagging automotive sector, Tesla managed to defy all odds and record substantial year-over-year growth. A report from TrueCar released earlier this week detailed Tesla’s prominence in the struggling U.S. automotive market, as it was the only company to establish a positive growth rate from in February 2022 compared to March 2021. Tesla saw a 93.2 percent increase in vehicle sales over the span, while other major automakers all recorded losses of at least 5.9 percent. Ford recorded a substantial loss of 27.6 percent, GM at a loss of 16.5 percent, and Volkwagen with the largest decrease at 44.3 percent.
    . . .

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Georgestillwaiting

Georgestillwaiting New Member

It's nice to know that they are building lots of cars but they can't give me a date for delivery or even give me a place in the queue. I've ordered (got the order confirmation) on Aug-16-2021 a Model Y (Red dual motor long range) and the latest delivery date is somewhere between Aug and October. Funny that "Tesla does not specify how many of each individual vehicle model it delivered during the first quarter". Do they not know? I'd like to know where I'm at in line. I understand that there are delays, but it comes across that they are playing games. I contacted someone at Tesla and made sure the Motor Vehicle Order Agreement was correct. Are they shuffling the deck....prioritizing higher profit configurations (yes). I assume Bloomberg was able to get numbers somehow, but why would we believe them? Give people a place in line and stick to it and then I'd have confidence in production numbers coming from Tesla.

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber