TC Energy partnering with Nikola

Discussion in 'Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles' started by R P, Oct 7, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Excellent opportunity for hydrogen advocates. I’m not one and have no problem with hydrogen advocates investing private funds … not public, government funds.

Bob Wilson

3. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

FFS they're not even committing to clean hydrogen. But I agree with Bob, best of luck if you're doing it with private funds.

4. To remove this ad click here.

5. No, of course not, but at least it is not our tax money. After the Solyndra failure and change of govt, the Dept of Energy became a little more discerning in how and to whom they gave loans. But we still can't measure the success of that, as we are in a very low interest rate environment. I don't know how they measure profit, as reported by NPR, but I am sure all the tax payer money has not been repaid yet.

Risky public investment projects inherently have a greater chance of failing due to bureaucratic, collective oversight management practices, which are also politically influenced. We saw the same thing in Canada, in Ontario, with their solar and wind projects. Ended up doubling electricity costs for everyone. Do you think Elon's Tesla would have been successful under govt mgmt? Or SpaceX?

Govts should not be in the business of choosing winners and losers with private companies. Inherently it becomes political and takes away incentive for true innovation by exceptional talent. And not too mention pork barrelling and bribing voters. The US has been the most successful in the world with its free enterprise system, and let's not screw it up.

gooki likes this.