Taking delivery

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by dBdt, Oct 24, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. dBdt

dBdt Member

I'm taking delivery of our Model 3 long range early this week. Any suggestions for what I should make sure to look for during the inspection or process?

Any suggested accessories other than charging (which is already in the works)?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Check your trip meter and use the last one as a lifetime miles and kWh accumulator. Reset it for your ownership.

If it doesn't have rubber floor mats, they are a good idea.

Consider getting a glass coating that can block air. If you get a rock hit, the coating can limit air access that grows the crack.

Bob Wilson

4. dBdt

dBdt Member

Not really related, but as I understand it, my cell phone acts as my car key. Also, there are credit card sized cards that can be used. If you lose one of those cards, say in the garage at work, and you want to do the equivalent of re-keying the car in case someone finds that card, how big a deal is that and how expensive is it?

5. bwilson4web

One of my two key cards failed. So I'll get another next time I'm at the service center. As for devaluating a lost card, my Prius and BMW 'memorized' the RFI number of the valid cards. I suspect Tesla can invalidate them over-the-air. But there is the optional "PIN to drive."

So even if someone scarfs my key cards and cell phone, without the PIN, the car won't work.

Bob Wilson

6. dBdt

dBdt Member

I've heard complaints about Tesla finish, panel misalignment, etc. Just want to say that mine was perfect. Maybe that will reduce the stress level for someone. Yeah, I know, let's not talk about statistics.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. dBdt

dBdt Member

Bob- I don't see how to send a personal message, so I'll put it here: You should see 1000 miles of charging now, since I used your referral code. Thanks for answering my questions along the way.

9. bwilson4web

Thank you. FYI, there has been a change in the referral program. Regardless, I appreciate the honor.

Bob Wilson

10. dBdt

dBdt Member

I see 1,000 in my account and assumed they are there only because I used your code. Since the change was made in September and the original order was placed in July, you ought to receive them, I'd think.

bwilson4web likes this.