Suspension issue?

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Dominica81, Oct 26, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Dominica81

Dominica81 Member

Our 2019 Niro EV has started making noises when coming down the curb in the driveway, hitting bumps, etc. I’m not good with cars but my guess is suspension. It seems to improve as the car drives more throughout a trip. The sound is sort of a creaking, clicking/clunking noise in the front drivers side wheel area. Wondering if anyone else has had any issues or if this is normal wear and tear after some 45,000 miles of owning any vehicle. It seems like it started happening after we got new tires but my husband denies noticing it, and thinks it’s fine.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Dominica81

Dominica81 Member

By the way, we had our motor replaced earlier this year and it is definitely not the same sound.

4. jeff_h

jeff_h Member

Did you start noticing it as the weather turned colder? That's when my suspension (also a 2019) gets a bit creaky, then when it gets warmer it quiets back down...

5. Dominica81

Dominica81 Member

I definitely considered that, but no, it’s been doing it all summer.
    I have an appointment on Tuesday to have it looked at. That is, unless we buy the ID4 that VW just called us about.

6. daveinca

daveinca New Member

Hey Dominic - I have the exact same thing, some kind of creaking from the suspension that almost always occurs when there is a significant grade change, as you mentioned. Planning to take mine in next month since I just got it back from a month-long motor replacement. Let me know what they tell you.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Dominica81

Dominica81 Member

I hope you get it figured out! We traded our Niro in early December so never bothered to take it in.