Subaru Solterra reservations

Discussion in 'Solterra' started by Domenick, Feb 8, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Today, Subaru has opened reservations for the Solterra. It asks for a refundable reservation fee of $250. Here's how Subaru describes the process.

"The Solterra Retailer Reservation Opportunity allows customers a unique chance to be among the first to purchase or lease the 2023 Solterra. A limited number of reservations will be available. The reservation process allows a customer to select their preferred Subaru retailer, pick trim and color, and pay a refundable reservation fee of $250. Final orders, pricing, availability, and financing will be agreed upon with the customer’s Subaru retailer between April and May 2022, subject to pricing announcement. Vehicle deliveries will begin in the Summer of 2022. The Subaru Solterra is available in all 50 states."

https://www.subaru.com/solterra-reservations

If you decide to reserve, please chime in on this thread. And congrats! We look forward to following your EV journey.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. papab

papab Member

I tried, about 6 hours after it opened. The website said there was no availability with every dealer in CO that I tried.

Domenick likes this.
  4. You may be able to register your interest with a dealer sales dept, so if someone cancels their order, you can get a call.

electriceddy likes this.
  5. I placed my order at Treasure Valley Subaru. Everything went smoothly. I was told that prices would be determined by April and at that time they will order my vehicle or refund my deposit. I am crossing my fingers I will still be able to afford it with the price gauging that some are suggesting is taking place. I have been waiting years for my EV Subaru.

6. My son also put in a pre-order for the Solterra. He previously had a pre-order in for the F150 Lightning, but cancelled it. He currently owns both a Forester and a Tesla.

Looks like both of us could end up with two EVs in our households.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Larrygk

Larrygk New Member

Some confusion maybe only on my part. The extended range (approx 286 mile) version will only be available in Japan in a AWD version or can we get one here in the US?

9. cometguy

cometguy New Member

USA
    Yes, that price-gouging appears to be quite widespread. I was at a Kia dealership yesterday to test-drive their first EV6 (an all-black GT-Line version), and I was told that they're asking something like $4k-$6k over MSRP for it ("market adjustment", they call it)...

10. papab

papab Member

I haven't seen anything about an extended range version, only approx 230 mi