Squeaky brakes

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Ed V, Jan 18, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Ed V

Ed V New Member

I have been noticing while backing up and applying brakes a bit of a squeak. Doesn’t occur going forward. Using brake pedal. I mostly try to do one pedal driving when driving. I just had my 5000 mile service interval and mentioned it, the dealership did not see anything amiss. Thoughts ?

arhnold and electriceddy like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mine squeak every morning backing out the driveway.
    I attribute it to a little surface rust accumulated overnight particularly in this wet environment , so nothing to worry about;)

mho, arhnold and Wildeyed like this.
  4. My first thought is "don't do that." Just drive it like a normal car and the disks will stay relatively clean. You'll lose nothing in economy.

5. Ross Parker

Ross Parker New Member

Check out this video at time stamp 16:00. "put in neural and break". Does it help?

6. Jimct

Jimct Active Member

Oh, thank god - I thought it was me.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. umidjon

umidjon New Member

I'm having the same issue, will try the neutral and brake.

9. bando

bando New Member

I live in Minnesota where we have a lot of salt/sand/snow on the roads in winter. One of the hills I regularly drive is where I will put it in neutral and use the breaks to 'clean' the rotors about once a week. If I don't, the morning back-out of the driveway breaking sounds pretty gritty.

10. HepKona

HepKona Member

The squeaking drives me nuts. Since I learned the neutral break approach I actually I use the regen brakes less and less to combat the rust build up. It has been noticeably better.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

11. Ed V

Ed V New Member

I find I only need to do it once a week. Don't miss out on those free electrons from regen !

12. To remove this ad click here.