Solterra Reviews

Discussion in 'Solterra' started by R P, Mar 19, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. A bunch of reviews are out now, here is one that is pretty comprehensive and fair.

Sounds like it is a pretty good off road machine which is what I am looking for. Interesting about the steering wheel and front top dash. Looks like you need to adjust it low so that you look over the top of the steering. So it is more like a HUD than normal gauge cluster. You also still have the big screen to the left, with everything else.

But if you are looking for the best trip car, this is not it with the lower range and slower charging.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. papab

papab Member

This & the Toyota twin look like they meet my needs. I wonder what the difference is & when they will be available.

4. It's the off-road capability that interests me. I have a pre-order in for the Solterra. Don't expect to see it until end of year, or early 2023. I understand CO is also sold out for 2022. Not sure when you guys could get yours if you pre-order now.

5. papab

papab Member

The preorders filled up in a few hours here. I'm on a waiting list at several dealers.
    I don't need much off-road capability, just a little more clearance than any of the others out there.

6. I may sell my Kona EV, and will then be EV-less. I put it up for sale and shocked at the offers I am getting, about $5K more than I paid for it 3 years ago. So my wife and I will have to share our other car, 2018 Crosstrek, until we get the Solterra and or the Ioniq 5 (also have it on pre-order.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I'm in a similar position. Look for a '22 Niro when the '23 novel arrives - at dealerships that also carry the Ev6.

Like it or not, most of the other cars we (EV drivers) want have yet to be built.