setting up for charging at a desired time

Discussion in 'XC40 Recharge' started by Peter Smith, Aug 20, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Peter Smith

Peter Smith New Member

How do you setup the xc40 Recharge to start charging at desired time?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jhou

jhou New Member

I was surprised, too that the car does not have this feature. It appears that the standard now is for the charger you use to itself have that timing built in? We got a chargepoint charger which does the trick.

4. JT Rock

JT Rock New Member

That feature is apparently coming, but they are sure slow to implement it:

Volvo Cars app updates

Updated 5/30/2021
    A selection of functions for the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric are presented here.

Functions coming in mid-2021 for model year 2021 vehicles:
    • Car lock/unlock – remote locking and unlocking of doors and tailgate
    • Climate direct start – remote pre-climatization of the passenger compartment before you go
    • Charging status – see how much the battery has been charged
    • Management of personal settings for the app and account
    • Climate timers – remote pre-setting of times for pre-climatization
    • Where is my car? – see the vehicle's location on a map and, if necessary, activate the horn or indicator lights

Functions coming later in 2021/beginning of 2022:
    • Push notification to your phone if your vehicle is unlocked
    • Charging timers – remote pre-setting of when charging should start to take advantage of charging at low tariff times
    • Scheduling updates – remote pre-setting of times to update the vehicle over the air (OTA)
    • Car status – see mileage and other dashboard driving statistics in the app
    • Driving journal – keep track of mileage, trips and duration
    • Saved charging locations – the vehicle remembers the amperage at different charging points
    • Push notifications to your phone when charging starts or has been interrupted

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  5. Peter Smith

Peter Smith New Member

You think any of these functions will be able to be incorporated through the online updates?
    Especially the charging by time.

6. JT Rock

JT Rock New Member

I have already received new updates and features via google play for the app on the car AND on the phone. These updates are separate from the main vehicle firmware updates. Currently, the vehicle updates are only available via a dealer visit or those that were hand selected that got them via OTA (not me).
    Concerning charging timers, I think it's possible that only the app needs to be updated. They might already have the underlying framework built-in to the firmware of the car, but lack the GUI for the user to configure it.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. jhou

jhou New Member

Thank you for this link! this is a good resource, which I wasn't aware of....

9. Peter Smith

Peter Smith New Member

Anybody having problems with XM Sirius update that just came out a week ago. It worked fine for a week and now the screen is frozen you can still change channels but the screen is frozen.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

10. JT Rock

JT Rock New Member

On 11/10, Volvo made some small changes to the current and upcoming app features list:

Presented here and here is a selection of functions for XC40 and C40 Recharge Pure Electric.

Currently Available App Functions:
    • Car lock/unlock – remote locking and unlocking of doors and tailgate
    • Climate direct start – remote pre-climatization of the passenger compartment before you go
    • Charging status – see how much the battery has been charged
    • Management of personal settings for the app and account
    • Climate timers – remote pre-setting of times for pre-climatization
    • Push notification to your phone if your vehicle is unlocked
    Functions due later in 2021/2022:
    • Car status – see mileage and other dashboard driving statistics in the app
    • Driving journal – keep track of mileage, trips and duration
    • Saved charging locations – the vehicle remembers the amperage at different charging points
    • Push notifications to your phone when charging starts or has been interrupted
    • Vehicle position on map
    • Charging timers – remote pre-setting of when charging should start to take advantage of charging at low tariff times
    • Air Quality - track the air quality and start the pre-cleaning of the vehicle