Service Action: Water Pump

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by MartyDow, Jan 30, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MartyDow

MartyDow Active Member

Took my Niro EV in for routine 7500 mile service yesterday. There was really nothing to do other than inspect everything and top off the fluids; no need to rotate the wheels as I had mounted winter tires only two months ago. Except I apparently was in scope for a service action to replace the water pump with an upgraded unit, which they did. So, just be aware that when you go in for that first service, it might be 4 hours, not 1...

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Thank you for the heads up. When was your Niro built? Mine is July, 2019 and am wondering whether it will need the pump replaced, too. I'm not having any problems with the car at all. Only 3,000 miles so far.

4. TandM

TandM Active Member

jeff_h likes this.
  5. Interesting . My build was in May of 2019 (IIRC) . I wonder if a service bulletin will appear for later build drive motors or the reduction gear... 2200 miles and so far so good.

6. CR EV

CR EV Active Member

How does one know the build date?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

It's on the sticker inside the drivers door on the B pillar along with the VIN. mm/yyyy

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

9. CR EV

CR EV Active Member

According to my service advisor, not all units built within those dates are impacted. He checked the VIN on my Niro and indicated that it was not one of the impacted units.