Selling summer tires

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by EricJ, Oct 26, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. EricJ

EricJ New Member

I picked up my SE last week. Summer tires in Chicago won’t do it!

With the likely loss of $7500 in US tax credit and iffy Illinois rebate program, the car is breaking my budget. I stewed about it for a while, and decided no winter tires & wheels for me.

I’m putting on some Continental Extreme Contact AS and have put some nice 150-mile Pirellis on eBay.

sigh.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Ms.Frizzle

Ms.Frizzle New Member

Did you order the SE before August 16th or just buy one on the lot?

4. Minicris

Minicris Member

Congrats on your new ride!
    I'm curious how your range will be affected with those tires. We have the Continentral extreme contact DWS06+ which I think is maybe the same thing? Our range is so much lower than others report in this forum. We live in downstate Illinois.

5. EricJ

EricJ New Member

I ordered it in June and asked my (mostly not helpful) dealer about it every few weeks.

6. Ms.Frizzle

Ms.Frizzle New Member

You might want to double check with a tax accountant to see if you can claim the federal ev credit. I plan on claiming the credit for mine as long as it arrives this year since I ordered before The cut off date (Aug 16).

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter when it arrives - either you have a legally-enforceable contract in the eyes of your state, or you don't.

Champaign777 likes this.
  9. Champaign777

Champaign777 New Member

No need to be dump . There is no 7500 tax credit . It's all gone after 15 Aug. It's non refundable means only apply on what you own but doesn't give you any cash refund . Or yuo have binding contract before 16 Aug which most don't have .

10. EricJ

EricJ New Member

It looks like I'm getting ~4.4 mi/kwh with either tire. The Contis are noticeably smoother and quieter, but still fun.

11. EricJ

EricJ New Member

And yes, they are the DWS06+. There's a $75 rebate this month for a set of four, BTW.

12. To remove this ad click here.