Schadenfreude

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by bwilson4web, Aug 4, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

First off, monitoring my stocks is not OCD but just 'tending the garden.' So I came across this article about a well known, TSLA SHORT:
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/greenlights-einhorn-bets-rising-inflation-171833398.html

BOSTON, Aug 4 (Reuters) - Investor David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital is betting that prices will rise and told investors on Tuesday that Einhorn has added new positions in inflation swaps, a gold miners ETF, as well as in Teck Resources and Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings to be well-positioned for an eventual uptick.

"We believe that market groupthink that profitless growth stocks that trade at astronomical valuations, in part on the basis that interest rates are low, will be disrupted by rising inflation expectations," Einhorn wrote in a letter seen by Reuters.

Einhorn is coming off a relatively strong July when a 4.1% gain helped trim his loss for the year to down 17.5%.
    . . .

Although we agree about the risk of inflation, his obsession about Tesla and Elon Musk was disappointing. The irony is the SHORT 'stories' about impending doom led to me investigating and investing half of my 401k at ~$300/share. Today it hovers around $1,500 +/- $50.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.