SBs fixes for Charging error and Warning screens at startup question

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Robert_Alabama, Apr 14, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

I know there are fixes for the Charging error (mostly at chargepoint dual chargers) and the warning screens at startup error (both of which throw the check engine light). I have never had these SBs installed and my car is now 10 months old. My question is this: These cropped up within the first month or so of ownership (I think twice for both issues), and haven't raised their heads again in at least 8 months. It now seems odd to me that I haven't seen them again. Do you think that the normal wear in of the car helps with these issues going away, even without applying the SBs?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Have you had occasion to use the offending EVSEs that caused the problems 8 months ago? That's the most obvious test you can run. However, if they work OK now, I can't imagine how you could know if it was the EVSEs or your Clarity (or both) that changed with time to work together successfully. Only if the problem reappears would you get an answer to your question.

4. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

Yes, same chargers used essentially every day (dual chargepoint). They may have upgraded software for them though, for all I know. But I never attributed the warning screens at startup to the chargers and it had a separate SB. No errors at all in at least 8 months with no SBs applied, but the first 1/2 months were 2 instances of each. Just a curiosity. Maybe just random that I have had no recurrences yet without the SBs.