Save Music from USB Flash Drive ?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Ed Zwieback, Dec 30, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. My KIA Soul EV had a (UVO) function to save my USB Flash Drive music to car memory. Does the Kona have this capability ? I can't find this on screen or in the manuals.
    Thx,
    Ed

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Not on the 2019

4. Kyleonzales

Kyleonzales New Member

You can try using other music apps, as I see there are more apps than KIA Soul EV

5. Kyleonzales

Kyleonzales New Member

I find the spotify music app pretty good too

6. I have a 2019 and play my music from my USB flash drive. Just insert it in the USB slot under the flip open cover near the shift buttons. Push the Media button on the top left and you should see all your music folders.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Vince08

Vince08 Member

Unfortunately, that same USB port in my 2019 could only play music from the USB flash drive or connect to my smartphone for Android Auto. It could not function from a USB hub to connect to both. For those who needs Android Auto, the option to play music from the flash drive is not available. Of course we could instead play media through our smartphone (via Bluetooth Android Auto) but the sound quality is somewhat degraded.

The 2nd USB port (lower down) is only for power. No data support.

9. eastpole

eastpole Active Member

Sadly came to the same conclusion after trying several hubs. Let us know if you think your way around this problem. :)

10. Vince08

Vince08 Member

I have changed my 2019 Kona to the latest face lift version. The Android auto on the face lift Kona is now supported wirelessly which frees up the USB port to play media files directly from a thumb drive. It even supports high resolution media files (Flac or Wav) via the USB.

11. Alex7xl

Alex7xl New Member

Kona 2019 can play FLAC too via USB :)

12. To remove this ad click here.