Road Trips

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Curtis Muhlestein, Oct 7, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Curtis Muhlestein

Curtis Muhlestein New Member

I have the SEL Ioniq 5 trim level. My wife and I have taken a couple of road trips in the past 8 moths. We live in the greater Salt Lake City UT area and have driven to Phoenix AZ., about 1500 miles round trip, and to Denver CO., about 1200 mile round trip. In the next month we are planing to go to Boise ID, with a round trip of a bout 1000 miles. The car is very comfortable to sit in for long distances.

Where have you driven?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Chrissy

Chrissy New Member

How difficult was it to find charge stations on these 2 trips?

4. Curtis Muhlestein

Curtis Muhlestein New Member

It was not hard at all. I used PlugShare from my computer. I create a spreadsheet and listed all the stations from where I live, to where I was wanting to go. I have attached my spreadsheet so that you can see the type of data that was gathering. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

5. JohnMz

JohnMz New Member

Making road trips in winter is way easier now that Ioniq 5 has battery preconditioning. Much faster charging speeds. But need to use on-board nav system to let car know you are intending to visit a DC fast charger. Then it pre-heats the battery to get speeds similar to summer road trips. Used this feature recently in upstate NY.

Domenick likes this.
  6. Glenn Gore

Glenn Gore Member

Lucky you. My Ioniq 5 does not have and cannot have, battery pre-conditioning. So my long-range (303 miles) RWD Ioniq 5 at 80% charge in the winter only gets around 180 miles. And this is with driving well under the speed limit and babying the thing to no end. It is the one thing that I dislike most about the car. If I had known that it would never get battery pre-conditioning, I probably would not have bought it. It is an absolute must feature that every EV should have.

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

7. To remove this ad click here.