Rivian financials

Discussion in 'Rivian' started by Domenick, Apr 24, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. This thread is to discuss the financial situation with Rivian.

The big news today is a $500 million dollar investment and strategic partnership with Ford.

Basically, Ford intends to develop a new vehicle using Rivian’s flexible skateboard platform. Will be interesting to see what they have in mind.
    The Rivian platform is almost as big as the F-150 and Ford is still going forward with an electric version of that truck. It could be a slightly smaller pickup, but geared more toward work-utility rather than Rivian's adventure vehicle.

1 person likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

This is the kind of positive news I've been waiting for. Hot damn things are looking up. :D

1 person likes this.
  4. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

Or could focus on a SUV rather than a truck. Getting an already developed platform, specifically designed for EVs, will help them jump start their effort. In theory they could modify the platform to even make sedans etc. It will be faster than retro-fitting to a ICE platform.

5. Oh, I guess a large-ish SUV would make sense. In my mind, I had ruled out a crossover since they have the "Mustang-inspired" one already underway, but a larger one could make good sense.

6. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

It looks that Ford is hedging its bets. They will develop their own line of trucks/SUVs but also sell on the Rivian Platform. If their own developments take off, they may de-emphasize the skateboard platform, if it does not get traction, hopefully the other platform will. The deal is non exclusive, hence Ford may end up with a product similar to others. Hence, I think Ford is trying to play catch up and looking all avenues.

2 people like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.