Recreational Vehicle speculation

Discussion in 'Vehicles sharing Rivian platform' started by Domenick, Oct 1, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Since RIvian will be building a delivery van for Amazon, it may make sense to leverage that form factor for an RV. These could be made by 3rd-party companies who just purchase the chassis from RIvian, much as RV companies do now.

Or, it might be interesting to see Rivian do up their overlander version. A low-volume halo vehicle that might spur chassis sales for more typical RV designs.

in any case, here is the first RIvian RV rendering I've seen so far. I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing more of these and hopefully with more thought and work put into them.

upload_2019-10-1_16-14-34.png

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. BillW

BillW New Member

First thing I thought when I saw the rendition was “sprinter van camper”. How much more consistent with “adventure vehicle” can you get. Guessing @alexhonnold will be first in line for one of these. Need to work on expanding charging facilities in mountain towns around Yosemite, Sequoia, Glacier, Rocky Mountain, etc.

4. LMS

LMS New Member

I hope they might eventually design an RV slightly larger, like the Atlas, which significantly improves its comfort and ability to enjoy longer trips than the Sprinters. Just being hopeful. I recognize it does not make sense initially with the easy conversion of their vans.