Recently all of HYUNDAI IO5 and KIA EV6 has high-frequency noise from the car.

Discussion in 'Kia EV6' started by kennykim, Mar 31, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. kennykim

kennykim New Member

Hi,

I kenny from korea.
    Recently all of HYUNDAI IO5 and KIA EV6 has high-frequency noise from the car.
    Please consider buy these EV as well as see more detail at below.

==

Complaints are continuing that the EV6,
    Kia Motors' popular electric vehicle model, makes an annoying high-frequency noise while driving.
    When the KBS coverage began, Kia Motors said that it was aware of the inconvenience of some customers and was investigating the cause.
    This is an exclusive report by Hwang Hyeon-gyu.

====

[report]

A car traveling at 30 km/h stops to wait for a signal.

As the car slows down to less than 10 km/h, a sudden 'beep' is heard.

The EV6 is Kia's electric vehicle model.

[EV6 driver: "It lingers in my ear and I can hear the sound of this car even in my daily life, as if I have a little tinnitus..."]

Some drivers say that music is always on because of the high-frequency noise from the car.

[EV6 driver: "I put music on the USB and plug it in and turn on the volume higher than that. Then that cancels out."]

This is the vehicle in the video.

Let's check out how high-frequency sounds are on this meter with a sound expert.

When driving at a speed of 10 km/h or less, sound is detected for each frequency.

Then suddenly, a bar graph near 6,000 Hz pops up.

At the same time, a high-frequency sound begins to be heard for over 3 seconds.

People usually perceive sounds between 4,000 and 17,000 hertz as high frequencies.

A sound of 6,000 hertz is a range that anyone can hear well.

[Kim Do-heon / Professor of Acoustic Engineering at Daelim University: "It is a noise of about 6.3 kilohertz, which is very sensitive to the human ear... It is a small sound in terms of the original sound level, but the low frequency is high because the ambient noise is so low in a car without an engine. I hear…”]

In particular, children and young people can be greatly affected by noise.

[Kim Pil-soo/Professor of Future Automotive Engineering, Daelim University: "It can be seen as a moving home appliance, so parts that cause high frequencies or other problems are of course a task to be solved. I can."]

Kia Motors said that it is aware that some customers feel uncomfortable with the sound generated by the vehicle and is investigating the cause.

This is Hwang Hyeon-gyu from KBS News.

Johnny Mars likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Johnny Mars

Johnny Mars Member

Hey Kenny, thanks! Greetings from St Augustine, Florida, USA! The noise is probably coming from the bearings on the electric motor or the transmission.

4. Dan Adams

Dan Adams New Member

So it looks like to me the noise is at or below 20DB. That is like a soft whisper at 5 feet.

5. I've been driving our EV6 for about two months and can't say that I've noticed an irritating sound, be it electronic or mechanical. Most of the perceptible noise comes from the tires. When driving from a road surface paved with older asphalt to one paved with new "quiet" asphalt the reduction in road noise is striking. I can hear myself breathing but I haven't noted a high frequency sound. Now that Kenny has brought up the topic I'll try to be more observant on the quieter road surfaces.

6. NiroOwner

NiroOwner New Member

I've been driving my EV6 for almost a year, and haven't had any problem with annoying sounds.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Jonah555

Jonah555 New Member

Is this the low speed warning to pedestrians?