Recent Recall and latest updates - huge range update

Discussion in 'Kia EV6' started by Upstate_NY_Jones, Aug 8, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Upstate_NY_Jones

Upstate_NY_Jones New Member

We took our EV6 Wind AWD into the dealer for the recall and they found it needed numerous other updates about 2.5 weeks ago. They handed the car back and we found a 50 mile range increase at the next charge going from 270s to almost 330. Nothing else had changed. Anyone seen similar?

Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Johnny Mars

Johnny Mars Member

That's hard to believe!

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Do you plan to test the range to see if you can actually achieve more than 270 miles?

5. Upstate_NY_Jones

We are testing right now. My wife left for Jersey this morning from upstate NY and dash stated 337 miles at 100%. I will update when I can but we have noticed the change in normal day to day driving.

unnamed.jpg

electriceddy and insightman like this.
  6. Any update ready regarding this Upstate_NY?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Upstate_NY_Jones

She ended up getting 178 miles running AC and charging her cell phone and an iPad. I would say we are definitely seeing a bump in battery performance. Running the AC does play a big part. 68176255097__1B514C6E-C1CA-40EA-BAA1-3DC83E605E2A.jpeg

9. davidzvi

davidzvi New Member

MA
    Which model do you have?

10. LIEV6

LIEV6 New Member

I do not understand your numbers. The trip was 178 miles and there is 112 miles left is a 300 range which is normal. 178 miles on a full charge is not right. I use 200 miles on the guessometer to go 175 real miles or about 60%. This is with the AC at 70 degrees and regen on auto. I find regen puts a lot back into the battery and i never have to use the brakes. LOL