Rear Seat Feature

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by TripleD, Jul 8, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. TripleD

TripleD Active Member

Hi All, just discovered a feature that I was not aware of. You are able to position the rear seat backs very upright to get more storage area. Was wondering what the grey knob was for. Move it up and low and behold, it is to hold the seat back in an upright position. See following pictures. And can anyone tell me what the push release in the picture does. Don't know how to mark on a picture like GvilleGuy does. Anyhow, I push it and it does nothing. Not a release for the seat backs, as they are on top. Only on right side, nothing on left????[ IMG_0265[1].JPG IMG_0266[1].JPG

Lainey, quietlyspinach and polyphonic like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

For your homework, you must watch my last video! :) I explained the upright loading position. The extra knob there is what holds the floor up when you raise it to get into the hidden storage area.

4. TripleD

TripleD Active Member

Hwtm GvilleGuy, another great video. Took me a bit to figure out what you meant by holding the "floor up", but sure enough that is what is for. Thanks.

5. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

Before I bought the SE, I saw a review that mentioned this feature. I thought it was a gimmick until I started lugging a cooler in my trunk. Having the rear seat vertical allows the cooler to slide fully into the trunk, and really increases the usable cargo area. Score one for Mini!

MichaelC and GvilleGuy like this.
  6. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

The vertical lock really allows four suitcases across the back without having to flatten a seat. A good feature if you don't need a person sitting back there.

MichaelC likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.