Ranch truck

Discussion in 'R1T' started by Almond man, Jul 18, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Almond man

Almond man New Member

How will it do on a Dusty Ranch 24/7 ?
    I am an almond farmer and I am very excited about the pickup but just not sure how it will do in the dust

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. EyeOnEVs

EyeOnEVs New Member

Clearly no one can answer this yet from experience with either of these EAVs (unless a member here works for Rivian :) but I can't imagine Rivian building two high-end, "adventure" vehicles intended to go off-road and not be able to handle some dust. After all, both EAVs can ford water over 39 inches, which would include the entire skateboard platform that minimally houses the battery pack and motors.

To be honest, what would be unique about an electric SUV or pickup truck that wouldn't be a concern with any other off-road vehicle with regard to dust? Dust isn't good for the brakes, but since they are EVs, utilizing the re-gen braking would minimized the impact of the dust on the brake discs and pads. Since there is no ICE there is no air intake and filter to get clogged up. Presumably there is an air filter for the cabin but again that would be true for just about any vehicle.
    Are there specific areas of a vehicle you previously had problems with related to dust that you feel might also be a problem with the Rivian EAVs?

1 person likes this.
  4. I think it would handle dust just fine. I'm not as sure it's well-suited for a farm truck (mostly because of the bed size), but I admit I'm not familiar with almond farming.