Question when I start Car

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by RoodyPooUS, Jan 6, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. RoodyPooUS

RoodyPooUS New Member

Hi,

For the past week, when I start the car by pressing the start button, instead of one long beep, I get 3 short beeps. I couldn't find anything in the manual. I checked any it doesn't seem like it was the car doors or trunk. I have been driving with no other issues.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. nope. Does it play these before or after the startup chime tune?

4. RoodyPooUS

RoodyPooUS New Member

it plays before right as i press the power button

5. mf989

mf989 Member

In would not be surprised if it means there is a 12v battery low, but its just a guess.

6. Mine does not play beeps at all when I first touch the start button (and never has, IIRC. ) If my seatbelt is not buckled it plays a two note chord (not a monotone beep) 5 times in about a 1 second rhythm, with the first of the five just before the startup melody.

When I shift into reverse, it plays one monotone beep and then quieter continuous beeps. Is your beep the same as the reverse warning beep?

If the 12V was low, I would think a message would show on the screen, as this would be easy to program in.

Try starting the car in different states and let us know what you hear. Maybe record the sound as a sound memo and upload it here. Thanks!

7. To remove this ad click here.