Question on range estimator and Car Net

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by JGIORD, Aug 6, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JGIORD

JGIORD New Member

For the past two years I have been working from home. My driving has reduced considerably to just short errands, which is why I thought an EV would be a great idea.

About two weeks ago I purchased a VW ID.4. It came fully charged and showing 258 miles of range on the cars dash. To date I have driven only 18 miles. The battery is at 70% charge, which seems a bit fast to drain, however I’m in AZ its 110 and I blast the AC.

However, the mileage dropped to 249 on the dash but Car Net is showing 68% and 147 miles.

Is there another way to check this? I feel the car is showing too much and Car Net too little for the amount of driving I did.

Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. gonzogeezer

gonzogeezer New Member

I’d say use the state of charge screen in the vehicle menu in the infotainment system. Or the driver display. I don’t trust Car-Not for anything further than I can throw my ID.4 other than remotely stopping a charging session.

DAVID DRUMMOND likes this.
  4. JGIORD

JGIORD New Member

Ok, Thanks!

5. JGIORD

JGIORD New Member

Took the car into the dealership to fix the safety belt recall. Talked about the range estimator and he confirmed it is a known issue that they can’t solve.

Also my childproof rear door locks con’t work so people can’t exit the rear by themselves.

DAVID DRUMMOND likes this.
  6. DAVID DRUMMOND

DAVID DRUMMOND New Member

I hope they fix that for you

7. To remove this ad click here.