Polestar 3 makes official debut

Discussion in 'Polestar 3' started by Domenick, Oct 12, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The first Polestar that's decidedly a crossover SUV has just debuted and it looks fantastic. Check out the integrated spoiler in the hood!
    Made in Chengdu (starting mid-2023) and the US (mid-2024), Polestar 3 will start at $83,900 and also come in a Performance variant for $6,000 more. Max price is $100,550.
    Specs:
    Battery - 111 kWh battery pack gross, 107 kWh useable
    Range - 300 miles (preliminary EPA)
    Charge time - 10% to 80% 30 minutes with 250 kW supply
    0-60 - 4.6 seconds (Performance)
    Check out launch videos below pics!
    2023-polestar-3.jpg

2023-polestar-3 (1).jpg
    2023-polestar-3 (2).jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Guildenstern

Guildenstern New Member

Kinda weird that China will supply cars for the US until the North Carolina plant starts producing them in mid 2024. Wonder how the tariff affects pricing...it's got to, right?

Domenick likes this.
  4. At a starting price of $83,000 it's already above the IRA price cap limit. It's also beyond the budget of all but luxury car buyers.

Domenick likes this.
  5. It's in a similar class as Tesla Model X and BMW iX, Rivian R1S, etc. Certainly not the biggest slice of the market, but an important one.

6. tbacba

tbacba New Member

A little surprised that with a 111 kWh battery the range is only 300 miles. I would expect closer to 350 at least.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. If it were the same price as a Model Y, I could see why somebody would want Volvo seats or not want to give their money to Elon, but not at a $25K premium.

PS: I drove a model X for a weekend; you couldn't give me one. Of course, YMMV.

9. marg5754

marg5754 New Member

Polestar 3 has roughly the same size as the Tesla X, but without the musk-ness

I have a Tesla M3 LR 2019 .. I’ve driven the Polestar 2 a few times .. to compare both is .. well, impossible, they are not in the same planet

Only in range Tesla wins

Guildenstern likes this.