Plug and Charge

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Quiet Mini, Oct 3, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

I have yet to see plug and charge available for the Mini. However I did charge at EVGo recently and my app says my car is available for Autocharge+. I read it’s not the exact plug and charge standard but it supposedly works the same way. The app says you have to charge once using the app after initially setting it up, then after that you just have to plug in to start charging. Has anyone tried this yet?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. carrrl

carrrl Active Member

Confirmed, I see it in my app too. I remember seeing a big announcement about this a few weeks ago and we weren’t initially supported. Will try next time I’m am near an EVgo.

4. bmartinez028

bmartinez028 Active Member

EVgo Autocharge works great on the 22 SE in our household. I am having trouble setting it up in my 23. It tells me the vin is invalid. I’m assuming it’s just too new and will be available soon.

Domenick likes this.
  5. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

I finally got around to setting this up. You have to start a charge with the app to enroll. After doing that, I stopped the charge. To test it, I waited a minute or two for the charger reset and plugged in again. It instantly started charging. No more using a stupid app while standing on one foot, doing a dance, and saying a prayer to get CCS to start! Yeah!

bmartinez028 likes this.
  6. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

I would be interested in trying autocharge if only I had a working EVgo charger within 150 miles of me. Their network is the worst in upstate NY/ New England.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

teslarati97 likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

*checks PlugShare*...There are literally ZERO EVgo stations in a 125 mile radius of your location.

9. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

Yup. The closest one to me is 127 miles from home, outside of Albany NY. It hasn’t been the most reliable. I used to use it with the Bolt before EA opened up.

That’s why I expanded to 150 miles. There are a few in Albany but their reliability is terrible. My experience has been the same with EVgos in VT, MA, CT, and ME.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

SameGuy likes this.