Owner's Manual for 2023 Ioniq 5

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by KonaScot, Dec 16, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. KonaScot

KonaScot Active Member

Looking for one to download as a pdf...can't find any on the Hyundai site (which is limited to Warranty and Bluelink info), and the one or two other download sites seem sketchy and oriented toward collecting data/email addresses for spamming.

Gotta read up before delivery.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mike Boston

Mike Boston New Member

I asked Hyundai the question - 2023 is only available online with a valid VIN. (Taking delivery tomorrow 12/23). The support person said to use the 2022 manual, since it’s almost the same. But it lacks info on battery warming, which we’re gonna need to know soon.

Domenick likes this.
  4. Unfortunately it's too large to upload here, but here's the URL where the '22 version can be gotten: https://owners.hyundaiusa.com/content/dam/hyundai/us/myhyundai/manuals/glovebox-manual/2022/ioniq5/2022-Ioniq-5-Owners-Manual.pdf

insightman likes this.
  5. KonaScot

KonaScot Active Member

Thanks Mike (and Domenick). Requiring a valid VIN to get a manual: weird! I have been using the 2022, just be able to read something, and will pick up the balance in early Jan when we get our I5.

In a more perfect world for me, as a mfgr I'd want to allow prospective customers to read the main owner manual. Why do they feel they need to hide something? It's a great car.

ScubaSteve likes this.
  6. Mike Boston

Mike Boston New Member

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. KonaScot

KonaScot Active Member

Thank you! Downloaded and saved.

9. Denny Crane

Denny Crane New Member

Thank you for posting the actual manual. I am a prospective buyer. I downloaded the pdf available from Hyundai and thought it was insane that a 681 page manual was not text searchable. (Plus there are numerous typos and strange choices of language). It greatly diminished my interest in the Ioniq 5. Fortunately, I searched and found this forum and your post. You may have saved Hyundai a sale.

ScubaSteve likes this.
  10. Mike Boston

Mike Boston New Member

Denny, I will ask for a commission. I hope you go ahead - it’s an excellent car, and the user interface is a lot better organized than the manual.

11. JamesMedley

JamesMedley New Member

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

The car is good, Hyundai themselves need a Corporate attitude re-adjustment.

14. jadebox

jadebox New Member

Not sure if Hyundai is doing it, but the manual for our BMW was tailored to our car when we downloaded it after entering our VIN. It was nice not having to deal with "if so equipped" paragraphs and sections not applicable to our car

ScubaSteve, Domenick and insightman like this.