OTA updates now available (infotainment)

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by electriceddy, Jun 10, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Now available in Europe, to be confirmed for N.A.
    for infotainment system only.
    "Infotainment OTA update functionality is now available for all owners of Hyundai IONIQ 5. This new functionality means they can now receive future Bluelink infotainment software and map updates for the model automatically over the air, rather than needing to download and install them manually or having to visit a dealership to get them. IONIQ 5 is the first Hyundai model in Europe to offer OTA functionality.
    In order to make IONIQ 5 OTA-ready and receive the updates automatically, owners have the option to visit their local dealer or to manually update their vehicle’s Bluelink infotainment system via USB stick with base software (minimum version 220211) they can download from Hyundai’s Navigation Updates website.
    IONIQ 5’s Bluelink infotainment system will then automatically download and install new software whenever the latest Infotainment OTA update becomes available.

Hyundai will deliver two Infotainment OTA updates per year. The first will be available from the middle of June and will be rolled out sequentially to all IONIQ 5 users who have installed the base software update (minimum version 220211). The second update is scheduled to arrive in the second half of 2022."
    Hope it works for all you lucky owners, sure beats having to USB downloads in the future.:)

Here is the link for the OTA wireless capability from Hyundai (EU):
    Notice | Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website

Source:
    IT OTA Updates Coming to IONIQ 5 Customers - Korean Car Blog (thekoreancarblog.com)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Glenn Gore

Glenn Gore Member

We are now just a few weeks from the end of the year, anyone heard anything about any upcoming software updates? It’s been since May since we’ve had one.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. Glenn Gore

Glenn Gore Member

Well, 2022 came and went with no new updates to the Ioniq 5 since May, the promised “second half of the year”update never showed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Maybe in the third half of 2022?

Hyundai seems to have over-reached a bit on their EVs. They can't satisfy demand (resulting in large dealer-markups) and they can't update the software in a timely manner (resulting in slow charging in cold weather for older I5s). Fortunately, the Ioniq 5 doesn't appear to share the Kona's problems with the gear reduction units because the company doesn't appear to have a big stockpile of spare parts for their EVs.

6. Daniel Edwards

Daniel Edwards New Member

If one checks the Hyundai update site listed above you will find a new update. Not sure why it wasn't done OTA though. Updated mine last week.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Glenn Gore

Glenn Gore Member

Thanks for the heads-up, I will check this out. Hopefully it is more than just a button update. I noticed that it is labeled November 2022, so they are covering their butts that they did release an update in second half of 2022

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs