Oops—need a new charging port door

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by jorgie393, Nov 20, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. jorgie393

jorgie393 Well-Known Member

Backing out of the garage, which is tight, had forgotten to close the charging lid. Somehow the Sideview mirror made it out, but the charging lid cover got caught and snapped off.

It’s just the plastic part that makes the cover match the rest of the body, the actual port is still covered.

Anyone have a good onlineparts supplier? I’d be happy to replace this myself but so far I haven’t had luck at college Hills online.

I can always call their customer service but thought I would ask around here as well for other sources.

74160-TRV-A0[or 0]-53.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

KentuckyKen likes this.
  4. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

There are black, red, white, and green driver front fenders (used) on Ebay. They don't show the charge port cover (just the hole in the fender), so they don't seem to be selling the cover with the fenders. You could contact them and see if anyone has the cover that they would sell separately. All the fenders are in the $200 range...

KentuckyKen likes this.
  5. jorgie393

Thanks, all. I think this will cover things nicely.

Not a cheap error, but the price is worth it not to see my wife shake her head every time she passes by the driver side…

JustAnotherPoorDriver likes this.
  6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Same error happened to me as well and end up buying the part. How did you fix it? Can we do it ourselves?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2021
  8. jorgie393

It’s been a little while so forget the details but: when I looked at it in more detail, the mechanism was fine. The only part that was broken was half of the decorative cover that matched the exterior had snapped off.

Because it was a clean break, a little superglue actually fixed them back together. You can’t see it unless you look closely. So it ended up being a three dollar repair. If that had messed up, I would’ve tried to buy a new cover entirely.

9. thanks for your reply. Exactly the same issue for me as well but I did not tried fixing(using glue) it as I was not sure it will stick to the plastic in these different weathers! Anyway, I just got a quote from Honda and they say $230 for (labor cost) putting that part together! Going to shop in multiple local service centers and decide! Thanks again!

10. jorgie393

Makes sense. Re. weather: I'm in Boston, MA; so runs from 0 degree (rarely) to 90s, and of course the car exterior is hotter than that in the sun. No issues with the superglue (it's pretty good on hard plastic; need to put very little glue and/or be ready to deal with squeezout). FWIW, I had forgotten all about this, so I guess the repair is OK :)

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Glad you fixed with little $$$. It’s too late for me as I ordedered the part and I got it in hand.. now all I need is to fix .

13. Tom H

Tom H New Member

You know there is a warning light on the dash when it is open. Check the dash when you start up. Other common warning light can be the tire pressure one. The Clarity seems to be a wide car so I check the mirror clearance very carefully every time.

Also the garage door is open. Actually the day went to pickup my new Clarity in 2018 I was so excited I forgot that check and wound up with new garage doors too (the old ones were in bad shape anyway and could not just fix the broken one).

14. I managed to fix the part myself (for which they charged $270, labor) and it is now set.

Louis Nisenbaum and insightman like this.