Ontario. Model 3 drive test

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Anna_St, Nov 5, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I finally booked an appointment for the drive test. Are there any policy changes related to COVID? The confirmation I received doesn't say anything about it.

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    Anna_St likes this.
  4. Thank you so much! They called and confirm my booking. Test drive is touchless because of the Covid, so I will not be supervised by Tesla Adviser lol

5. brulaz

brulaz Active Member

Are voice commands a requirement for driving Tesla?
    And disappointed that there's no heated steering. The newer long range m3 would work ok in the winter for us otherwise (ignoring the price)

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. marshall

I think the heated steering wheel is coming. However, we don't know exactly when it will happen.

No, you don't need to use voice commands. You can always use the touch screen and there is some access using the two steering wheel stalks and the scroll wheels.

See the user manual. https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_3_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf

Anna_St likes this.
  8. Thank you so much!
    It was interesting experience :) No heated steering wheel, but it was warm in Toronto that day. I didn't use voice commander, maybe because I didn't not used to do it lol

9. marshall

It looks like Turo operates in Toronto. So one can rent a Tesla for the day if you need more seat time to decide if a Tesla is right for you.

https://turo.com/

Anna_St likes this.
  10. Oh, thanks! I have thought about it. Because to be honest I have mix feeling after test drive. I like M3, but Ontario roads are not really good and M3 is pretty hard on the bumps. Or maybe I am just don't have enough experience with this car?..

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. marshall

I'm not surprised. The Tesla is going to have a firmer suspension due to it being closer to a sport car, and depending on which model your drove, low profile tires can also contribute to a harsh ride.

It may be fixable with some aftermarket suspension kit, or different tires, but personally I would just walk away if it seems uncomfortable.

Clamps and Anna_St like this.
  13. Totally agree. I don't want to buy a car that needs to be fixed.