Only one reversing light working?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Tappets, Jul 10, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tappets

Tappets New Member

Hi. Bought my top specs update 2021 Kona EV. Had a 4 months wait. I'm in Sunny Queensland Australia. I noticed that I only have the left hand rear reversing light working (right hand drive). Took it in for 1st service and was told that it has only one reversing light and that's normal.
    Seems ridiculous to me. Am I being told porkies?
    Cheers Mark

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Same Aus model and only one operating reverse light, but two white/clear lenses. Wierd.

Some lighting varies with whether or not you have a sunroof. Do you have one? I don't.

4. Tappets

Tappets New Member

Yep. Must be the case here in Au. Maybe same in RHD countries with R reverse light only working. Must admit I only noticed the brighter area on the left in the camera after I became aware. Might be a power save. But LED.... draws next to nothing.
    Cheers. Tappets.

5. Anaglypta

Anaglypta Active Member

UK
    I confirm that the UK spec car has one reversing lamp and a red bulb in the clear lens on the other side as a rear fog lamp!

If you zoom up on the image you'll see the red bulb where the reversing lamp would be.

KonaEV.jpg

John.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  6. Tappets

Tappets New Member

Thanks for that John. Only had my Kona a week when my son and family came up from Canberra to Queensland. 1100km. Flew up Were here 3 days and were threatened with a lockdown. Covid style. I got them to bail out in my car and drive across the border before 6pm lockdown. So they drove home using the Chargefox network they love the car and got 16Kwhr/100km sitting on 110km/hr. Now I've booked a flight early August to pick it up.

Anaglypta likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Yes. Its all kosher.
    Aus Stds changed a couple of years back to match Euro stds - so only one Reversing light. Dumbest change ever!
    I think its only Japanese cars that retain the two - not sure.
    The other light is driver activated for extra illumination, but its not much help.

9. Tappets

Tappets New Member

:rolleyes: thanks. Cheers. Tappets.

10. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

That's pants, as you might say over there. What's the point of diminishing light intended to
    actually *illuminate* what's behind you, not just to tell other drivers what you're doing?

_H*

apu and Tappets like this.