One of Us

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Clamps, Jul 10, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I've been added to the collective. My wife has named her Bulgogi.

[​IMG]

I'm sure I will have even more questions as time marches on.

Domenick, FloridaSun, apu and 4 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

Very cool. Ultimate trim?? 2019 or 2020??

4. 2020 Ultimate.

5. Very nice. Enjoy the drive.

6. nigels

nigels Active Member

Sweet, another Kona Electric in MA. Congratulations! Mine is the same color and trim, but 2019.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Cool! I’ll see you on the road.

By the way, I know I double posted here and in the General section of the forum. Just wanted to share with the Kona Kollective.

nigels and Domenick like this.
  9. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

I'm jealous! That's the color I wanted, but when I was buying (early March) no dealer in northern California had one!

10. Very nice, congratulations!! :)

11. Pobre

Pobre Member

:):)

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. That was my first pick as well. Afterwards it was either red or white but I couldn't find any red in my area in any of the trim levels. Gobs of silver and black.

14. Congratulations Clamps! Did you find an in-state dealer that had 2020s on the lot? Back in January I couldn't find a single New England dealer who even anticipated getting an allotment of 2020 Konas until maybe late spring, they said. I ended up going to a Maryland dealer back then.
    Bulgogi, interesting name. Great color!

Clamps likes this.
  15. Honestly they aren't hard to find right now in the Boston area. I believe there were at least 14 Ultimates in a 50 mile radius... maybe I searched a 100 mile radius, I don't quite remember. Either way I had plenty of choices of dealers to choose from. Happily the color and trim I wanted was at the closest dealer from my house, less than six miles away. My salesman did tell me that last year he received 17 2019's and they were all sold before they arrived on the truck.

Bulgogi is a Korean dish, my wife being a foodie thought it was perfect. Hard to argue and I kinda like it now. However, she now is calling the Kona, Fire Meat as that is the English translation for Bulgogi.

16. By the way, anyone reading this post. What home EVSE, charging box, would you recommend for a Kona? I was looking at Chargepoint, Clipper Creek and Juice Box.

A few days ago I wrote this same question in the General area of the forum. I wasn't sure then which car I would be buying and I don't know if it would make a difference. Maybe I should add that detail to the thread over there.

17. Interesting how people name their cars... We just call ours the Kona. But if we did name it, I would have called it Pug,... after that cute flat nose.

Clamps likes this.
  18. If you google EVSE, there are a lot of choices available on Amazon. No need for an expensive wall mounted charger with wifi. You can can manage all your charging from your car (incl thru bluelink). What I would recommend is to install a 14-50 240V receptacle in your garage and then buy a portable EVSE that can be taken with you on trips. Be sure to get one that also can charge with 110V (most can) so you can also use an RV adapter at campgrounds. And easy to build your own.
    @Fastnf is our forum guru for this kind of stuff. I learned a lot from this thread.
    https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/rv-adapter.6247/

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Fastnf and Clamps like this.
  19. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Ceramic Blue is the way to go!! Congrats!!

Clamps likes this.
  20. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

Yeah, my bottom line was NOT silver, black or gray. The dealer I was talking to had white in stock that was equipped how I wanted, so I went for that.

21. I live in Northampton in western MA. I have a Juicebox and it's been flawless for the past 11 months. Hot or cold it just works.

nigels and Clamps like this.
  22. Congrats and welcome, fellow New Englander.

23. I think the JuiceBox 40 is a better value and has a slightly higher output (9.6 kW), which could come in handy for a future vehicle. The Clipper Creek is solid but with fewer features.

Clamps likes this.