Oil bay plate cover missing

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JJim, Jul 12, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JJim

JJim Active Member

20200712_091857.jpg 20200712_091853.jpg Hi everyone. Today I have just got the 2nd oil change at the local shop. The lube guy told me my car had the plate cover missing and asked me who did the last oil change which is a another local shop which I don't want to return.
    So my plate cover is missed. I parrk the car in my covered garage and at private parking at work, so I don't think someone stole it. Is there any chance it felt off by it self? So I believe the guy which perform the 1st oil change don't put it back, since there is a broken plug which caused by wasn't taken off properly. I will come to that shop tomorrow and talk with them about it. They might refuse their mistake. Any advice what I should do?
    And my car had been running a year without that plate, there is any potential damages?
    Any advice would be appreciated.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

If it were me I'd order one from Honda.

JJim likes this.
  4. David Towle

David Towle Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if some places throw these out rather than spending 2 minutes to reinstall. In most cars they are just there to add a fraction of a mpg but I wonder if on a Clarity they reduce water spray up onto high voltage electrical devices?
    Best of luck getting it back, but if you can't I would spring for a replacement although I'm afraid with this car the cost won't be cheap.[/QUOTE]

5. JJim

JJim Active Member

Someone advised me the cover is a part of a larger assembly and cant be purchased separately.

6. JJim

JJim Active Member

I believe the idiot tech guy at the 1st place break the plug (since it need to be turned 90 degree to take off) and hide his mistake by never put the cover back.
    [/QUOTE]

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

Just for reference, here is the other thread where we were discussing this same topic:
    https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/undercarriage-oil-pan-cover.8853/

It seemed like the parts diagrams did not show this cover as a separate item (implying that it is only available as part of a larger assembly).
    This seemed unbelievable and the suggestion was made to contact the dealer to confirm / deny availability.

The OP in that thread still had his cover (it had some damage), and may have not bothered to follow through with a call to the dealer.

If you find out anything, please let us know.

JFon101231 likes this.
  9. JJim

JJim Active Member

Thank you

10. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

I was quoted $70 at one Honda dealer and $40 at another for an oil change. Even at the $70 price for a once a year oil change it is worth it to not deal with the issue you are.