Norway, the test bed for most EV’s including the MX30.

Discussion in 'MX-30' started by Bob Long, Jan 31, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Bob Long

Bob Long Member

Norway has the most EV’s per capita in the whole world, and 2020 as a whole saw a record 53.4% of all new cars being electric. Just December alone saw 66.7% of all new vehicles being pure EV.....But it has its repercussions. EV manufacturers are rushing to launch their new models in this Nordic country whether their cars are ready or not, and software issues rather than mechanical problems are common. Some cars are just not ready to hit our roads yet and are in need for further development.
    Below is a link to a Norwegian article explaining just that. Hopefully your Smartphone will automatically translate when you select: Norwegian > English.
    https://www.tek.no/nyheter/kommentar/i/rgnz3l/hvorfor-lanseres-det-fortsatt-uferdige-elbiler

Although I praise the MX30 in many ways, I made a YouTube video explaining some of the issues I’ve had with the cold MX30 battery.

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Thanks for that report. I agree Mazda could have provided a larger HV battery and ditch the fossil range extender. Also good point on a more effective battery warmer. By allowing some regen at cold temperatures, the charging losses alone would be a benefit by heating up the battery somewhat. I do like the temperature gauge(as displayed @ 6:10 of the video) and wish Hyundai included that simple function in the Kona.

Bob Long likes this.
  4. Bob Long

Bob Long Member

You have taken the words out of my mouth! Yes that simple function would have been great in the Kona, but then you can't get everything. Mind you, all EV's suffer at cold temperatures. Even with our Kona we only managed 354km (220mil) yesterday on a full charge when we decided to give the Kona a run to Oslo Airport and back. Mind you, it was -20c (-4F)

5. Bob Long

Bob Long Member

*I have posted the article on the General EV discussion Forum ;)