No auxiliary port on 2020 Kona EV - but manual says otherwise!

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Paul_D, Dec 5, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Paul_D

Paul_D New Member

So alot of us are gushing about finally getting delivery of our 2020 Kona EVs. One small discrepancy I noticed is that in the manual for the 2020, on page ref. 4-2 it shows and states clearly that there is an auxiliary port underneath the USB port in the front console (where the wireless charging pad is). While this may seem like a small detail, its important to me as I was planning to use it for audio for portable multimedia devices in the car. Hyundai please explain!?!

Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes, I have the 'fully loaded' Ultimate trim.

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Good catch, I didn't realize they nuked that. When you push the "star" button on the console (used to be on the right on 19 model) and select - "steering wheel mode button", is it available as an input? Maybe they relocated it. BTW the 2019 manual has no shortage of discrepancies .:rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  4. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

The star button is configurable, so not everyone will see this.

electriceddy likes this.
  5. If it doesn't have an aux input, there is pretty cheap devices you can plug into the 12V outlet that have an aux in and can connect to the cars Bluetooth input.

Yeah, it's a workaround but might work for you.

6. Paul_D

Paul_D New Member

Good idea, I saw you can buy an electronic that you can access via Bluetooth.

BUT, today I took my car to the dealership to get winter tires installed and they gave me a loaner for a few hours. It is either an SEL or Limited trim level, and guess what, it has the AUX input! So the cheaper trims have it? that doesn't make sense.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I guess they figure you fancy folks in ultimates should be rolling cordless, silly cords are for the unwashed proletariat :)

Chris Alemany and SkookumPete like this.
  9. Oh, definitely!

Are you sure the loaner wasn't a 2019 model and that's why it has the aux port?

10. GeneralError

GeneralError New Member

I use my MP3 player to do stuff that isn't available on anything with a touch screen. The raised buttons are useful. I really want to use it in my new Kona EV Ultimate. It looks like I'll need to get a MP3 3.5mm to FM converter, normally used in cars made before 2010 with no input ports.