Niro EV bubble on my P

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Lektrons, May 10, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Lektrons

Lektrons Active Member

Have a look at this, it's minor but something to keep an eye on. Got in the car one morning and saw this, next morning was bigger. Definitely a warranty issue.
    wx_camera_1557329700182.jpg IMG_20190509_135313.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2019
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

Good thing it's on your car's P, and not yours!

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

ITown likes this.
  4. Lektrons

Lektrons Active Member

Yes, My PP is OK. ;)

davidtm likes this.
  5. Small but annoying on a new vehicle. Hopefully they'll take care of that.

6. VALBONO

VALBONO New Member

I got my Niro EV back in May (I was the first person In Canada to get one :eek:) and my P also bubbled up WAY more than what yours did. I told my dealer about it over the phone and he said that his father who also bought one has the same issue. He said it will be fixed under warranty. It must be a early production run issue.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Have you taken yours in to have it corrected yet?

9. VALBONO

VALBONO New Member

Domenick….. not yet. I have 16,000 kilometers on my car so I'm heading in a week or two to get my tires rotated and will get it fixed then.
    Other than that, and the Electrify America / Canada pricing issues lol, I love it, and I've already saved a few thousand with our gas prices!
    I'll post before and after pictures of the "P"

Domenick likes this.
  10. Lektrons

Lektrons Active Member

My P got way worse, it was just the beginning stage when I took the photo, I did get it replaced and all good now. My only odd issue now is my charging door is super stiff. Never hit anything or put pressure on it at all.
    Kia wants way too much to rotate tires and change an air filter. $150, plus part. I'm doing it myself. I think they try to make up for the lack of service on the vehicle but you will get something or nothing from me. $50 is what I was willing to pay.

Domenick likes this.
  11. Cool. Feel free to show us your P after you get it fixed. :)

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. CanuckTom

CanuckTom Member

I also had this issue and have asked my dealer to replace it, the have confirmed the part has arrived and I am just waiting to get to them to do the swap. Hopefully the replacement part doesn't just have the same defect in 3 months again.

14. ITown

ITown Active Member

Get your tires rotated somewhere else. Last time I got my tires rotated and balanced, it was like $25 or $30.

Lektrons likes this.
  15. Lektrons

Lektrons Active Member

Good idea, $35 plus tax here Canadian!