New Rav4 Prime, what I think I know.. .

Discussion in 'Rav4 Prime' started by Sthomasa, Aug 19, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Sthomasa

Sthomasa Member

It's been a few weeks with the new Xse. Got all packages but premium. Wish I'd got that. A heated steering wheel in So Cal is silly and it is always turning itself on. Jealous.
    Only one little problem, a rear seat sensor (i think). Error message and crazy alarm until back seat passenger bounces in seat. Might be center seat sensor with a purse on seat problem.
    I owned a Honda Clarity before and loved it! PHEV is the only way to go unless your house is wired for 660. Electric is very expensive .. .54 kwh at times. Midnight to 6 am only .09.
    Thus, when I was looking at mostly full EV, I knew I'd be needing to charge at higher prices. Id4 was very nice, and free electricity at Electrify America. But Id be hanging at the local Walmart.
    So at 550 miles on odometer, (with one 200 mile on hv trip), i filled filled up. 4 gallons.
    135 miles to gallon of gas and of course .09 kwh electric. Happy!
    Also happy with Rav4 guess-o-meter. On Clarity, i never saw a guess over 40 (Honda rated 47 ev) Most days seeing 44 or more on Rav4 (rated 42).
    Other than a few buggy things that are different than Clarity (like locking charge port and door locks) all in all, pleased.
    I rambled but just for the record....

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

Very interested in your input over time. Keep sharing please. Primarily because you are a former Clarity owner I love to hear the comparisons….

I still have my Clarity (wife drives it 90%+ of the time), but won’t keep it into old age and am seriously considering an xse rav4 prime as a replacement.