Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by O'Dell, Mar 2, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I just bought my Niro EV last Wednesday, and charged it for the first time tonight. I had driven 130 miles, and the car showed a 283 mile range when I left the dealer. After a full charge I'm indicating a range of 310 miles. My consumption when I parked it today was 5.0. I think the Niro was happy with my driving style, and I think I'll be happy with the car. I'm only hoping that the Niro's range estimate is as accurate as the Volt I traded in, which was on the mark to the last mile.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Congrats on your car!
    310 miles is pretty good for sure. This thread has a report of one person getting over 312 miles, which is the best I recall seeing so far.

4. I'll have to admit that I'm no newby to hybrids and plug-in's. Starting in 04, I've had two Priuses [140,000 miles] a C-Max Energi [35,000 miles], and the Volt [12000 miles]. I consistently got mid eighties in the Volt in warm weather although the EPA said 53 and have pictures to prove it.

The 130 miles was about 60 miles X-way to and from the dealer twice and the rest suburban streets. About 80% was ECO and the temps were in the high 30's to 60. I normally drive 55 to 60 on the Interstate, and was amused that once I glanced at the speedo in the Niro and saw I was doing 73.

The wind and mechanical noise was minimal in the Niro, but the tires are very loud. The Volt used the same Michelin tires and the same size and they too were noisy for the one or two thousand miles. Maybe these will quieten down in time.

jeff_h and Domenick like this.
  5. TandM

TandM Active Member

Congratulations on the new car. :)

After 10 months of ownership, we have found the GOM on the Niro EV to be very accurate (we also have a Leaf and the GOM on it is frequently very off). In the warmer months, I usually saw between 305 and 325 on the GOM and would see within just a couple miles of that on actual range.