New HUMMER sub-forum!

Discussion in 'General' started by Domenick, Jan 30, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. To remove this ad click here.

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I was under the impression that today's "Hummer" is a Tahoe with over-sized wheel well and angular body panels. Did I miss the 'memo'?

Bob Wilson

3. I can't speak to that, really, but I can say this new Hummer EV will be a pickup truck of sorts. "One of a kind," according to gentleman at GM I exchanged email with earlier today.

I suspect we're not going to see the whole thing on Sunday. The actual reveal date is May 20, IIRC.

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

No problem as I'm not in the market for either a pickup or a large SUV. BTW, here is the first:
    https://www.kreiselelectric.com/en/blog/kreisel-electric-and-arnold-schwarzenegger-present-the-worlds-first-electrified-hummer-h1/

September 19, 2017, Rainbach in Mühlkreis district

On Tuesday evening, Arnold Schwarzenegger presented the world’s first electric Hummer from Kreisel Electric at the opening of the company’s new research and development center in Rainbach, Mühlkreis district, Upper Austria. “Kreisel Electric electrified my G-class last winter. And now a Hummer. If Kreisel keeps it up at this pace, I will soon be able to fly here from LA in an electric airplane,” said Arnold Schwarzenegger, friend and patron of the high-tech pioneers, who was clearly impressed with the electrification of his big off-road vehicle.

The 'Hummer is a Tahoe' rumor apparently traces back to some common suspension parts, not the body. Today, the Bollinger is more Hummer-like than anything else in that vehicle class.

Bob Wilson

5. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

Heh, where's "Mr. Hydrogen" now.

_H*

6. To remove this ad click here.