New color - Silky Silver

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Raleigh Ron, Dec 16, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron Member

The Kia Niro EV website now shows two light silver exterior colors - Aluminum Silver and Silky Silver. Are they replacing Aluminum Silver with Silky Silver? And is there any difference between them?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron Member

If Kia is planning on making the Niro EV color palette the same as the Niro colors, please let the EV have Deep Cerulean blue, instead of Gravity Blue, which seems indistinguishable from Black.

4. Color choice was the biggest disappointment relative to the Kona. I went and looked at Gravity Blue on a lot. With the sun directly behind my head, the most brightly lit (most specular reflection) part of the paint had just a hint of blue . smh. I liked the pearl white most, but frankly the Aluminum and Graphite also looked pretty slick with the blue highlights.

I had driven a rental hybrid Niro in the Cerulean. I would have gone for that for sure and was disappointed when I did not find it for the EV when I was playing with the configuration tool oh well. (I grew up in Raleigh) :)

5. I thought the Niro color choices were pretty good relative to the Kona EV, which I just bought. Niro was my second choice.

I like light colors, and thought the Pearl White was one of the best whites I've seen. Up close, instead of metallic flecks it has multicolor flecks - not that anyone but the owner would ever put their nose up to the paint job, but it was pretty cool. And the silver was a decent choice too.

For some reason, cars these days seem to come in many shades of white, gray and black, with little choice of other colors. The Kona EV comes in four grayscale shades. The white is flat and uninteresting, and the silver is dark. So there's no decent choice of a light color. The blue is on the dark side too, and can't really decide if it wants to be blue or teal, but it was the best of the bunch and that's what I have.

6. jeff_h

jeff_h Member

Both colors are available - below is a link to a Kia dealer's website where they have real pics posted, and they currently have 4 silver on hand (2 silky, 2 aluminum) so you can see the difference between the two:

https://www.hersonskia.com/search/new-silver-kia-niro-ev-rockville-md/?co=4&cy=20855&md=8562&tp=new

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Nice. I would have bought that over my pearl white. but still satisfied with what I have.

9. wizziwig

wizziwig Active Member

Some countries get more color choices such as this one.

Attached Files: