New Chevy Equinox Interior Video

Discussion in 'Equinox EV' started by Nebula, May 16, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. New video from GM showing the interior lighting.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. You guys are quick! I was just about to share this after seeing it up on InsideEVs.

So, this is short but interesting video.
    The Equinox is the car to bring Ultium to the masses and it's shaping up to look pretty good.
    This interior looks modern and has ambient "mood" lighting (I believe this is the LT trim interior). That center screen is extra wide and easily used by the passenger. Of course, the driver gets their own screen in front of the steering wheel, as usual.

The center console has that storage space in the lower part between the footwells. This was something we also saw in GMC Hummer EV and Cadillac Lyriq, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see this in most GM products going forward. Unlike those two vehicles, it doesn't have a rotary knob on the center console for changing modes and what have you. There appears to be some sort of switch on the driver's side of the console, which is likely the gear selector, but it looks different from any gear selector I've seen before.

There are climate controls at the bottom of the center screen, but there are also physical knobs below the air vents, which are very likely for the climate controls as well.

There are probably a few other things worth pointing out that I've missed (oh, not sideview cameras instead of mirrors!), so if you see something that catches your attention, let us know.

Chevrolet-Equinox-interior-1.jpg

Nebula likes this.
  4. Those two little blue lights are USB-C ports. The gear selector for the Equinox like the Silverado EV is a column shifter.

Domenick likes this.
  5. OMG, I don't know how I didn't realize these are USB-C ports. Thanks!
    And also, USB-C ports (though, that's kind of a weird placement)!

6. Not really an odd placements at all. They are located just in front of a small storage slot, perfect place to put one or two phones to charge.
    [​IMG]

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. That part isn't bad. I was just thinking if they're turned upwards like that, they're basically begging to have liquid spilled in them.