New BlueLink app for Hyundai car (BlueLinkify EU)

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Stian, May 3, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Stian

Stian New Member

Hi all!

I hope this is okay to post here; I'm Stian, and ever since I got my Hyundai Kona 2020 EV edition I've been somewhat irritated over the original BlueLink app that comes with the car.

That's why I created my own version of the app (European only), with better design, easier to use, and fun statistics (and more to come!). This all started as a home project (I'm working as a developer full time), but I think it ended up better than what we currently have so I decided to put it out there.

Please check it out! (And see attached image for a bit more details)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gotnoname.bluelinkify

BlueLinkify_collage_product2.png

Best Regards
    Stian Thoresen (Norway)

NP27 and ehatch like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

It looks great.You app.no longer auto logs users out in 14 days,very annoying!The climate,no more PIN is such an improvement because I think it was part of the connection time out issue. One can now just choose climate,and turn either AC,or heat on via an icon? I barely want to use Bluelink in case I can't get back into the Kona Electric if the app.crashes,and I don't have the fob. You know what would really be nice,if you can make NFC unlock our doors,safer than RFID;)
    Would you consider making one for N.Am.drivers?

4. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

Does it go back through Hyundai's site somehow, or interact directly with the
    car via the network? Where did you get the API spec, in either case? That
    seems like about the last thing Hyundai/Kia would want to hand out.

_H*

5. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

In general, it is pretty easy to take apart an apk and reverse assemble the java into somewhat human readable form. Most likely there is an interface definition file (.wsdl) that describes it all.

6. Any chance of a U.S. edition?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. and/or Canadian?