New 2023 Model Y Delivery Issues

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by Mad_River, Nov 9, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. My wife finally was able to take delivery on her 7 seater. It was made in Fremont. Overall the delivery in Cleveland was a smooth transaction and the car has performed excellent. Initial quality had some minor hatchback alignment issues, but the most notable issue is the bottom seat backs on the 2nd row. It appears that seat wiring is pinched in the plastic trim and an elastic band is hanging with a plastic clip on the end/ zip tie. Seems pretty obvious to let that roll out of the factory. I have to wait a week to have a Tesla service van come. I did stop in at our local service center and it was a ghost town out front so I went into the service area which had like 10+cars in the service bays in various states of disassembly and 2 guys working in the huge center. I didn’t bother them to look at it since they were probably overwhelmed.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. JaffH

JaffH New Member

Not really nice situation ...

4. So Tesla service fixed the dangling elastic band/strap/clip. The wiring that appears pinched is the seat back heater and seat back release wiring. They said it is extra wire for when you fold the second row down and supposed to be like that. I figured out you can tuck it in when putting the seat back upright by reaching behind as you lift the seat back.

bwilson4web likes this.