Navigation using Kia Access (UVO app)

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by solarjk, Sep 30, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I bought the base Niro, so no navigation. I also drive mostly local and less 10% of my charging is fast charging, and maybe a third of that is trying out 50 Kw or 150 Kw chargers.

Last week, I was in Boston, with my i phone plug into the car, and I logged into the UVO app to look for chargers, and there was a map and charger listed, so I clicked on one, and it told what type, but it had a button for directions, and when I pushed that, it brought up the changer in Google maps with a "go' button.

I had used Charge Point or Evgo apps before to find the charger address, write it down, and enter the address into Google maps. The UVO app is much easier, even if the app is slow.

Now, I am a slow learner, so maybe all of you with the base model have figured this out. If not, check it out

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. TandM

TandM Active Member

You might want to start utilizing Plugshare to find charging. It is definitely a more comprehensive app and can be sorted by your vehicle type (Uvo when I last checked it was still listing Chademo and Tesla as well as the CCSCombo and J1772 that the Niro can actually use).