My Clarity 5 weeks past due for service, warranty concern?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Mark W, Feb 28, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    Hi all,

My Clarity is 5 weeks past due for service. I drive mostly EV miles. Will my dealer raise any warranty concerns if I bring it in for service now?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

I seriously doubt any harm has come to your engine, and would just get the service done. My sense is that the risk is that something bad happens when you're overdue.

4. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

No

5. Ray B

Ray B Active Member

Often the maintenance minder triggers a service call for an oil change based on the need to rotate the tires. You could rotate them yourself, or have shop do it for you (I think the cost ranges from $0 - $20), and reset the Maintenance Minder for the "1" tire rotation yourself. It is simple to do and only takes a few seconds (the process is described in the manual). This usually delays the need for an oil-change service by several months. It will however insist upon changing the oil and filter after 12 months.

Of course, you could reset the "1" without doing the tire rotation, but it is probably best to rotate them as prescribed.

6. It would probably be better to take it in when it is 5 weeks past due rather than 10 weeks past due.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. stacey burke

stacey burke Active Member

Try the tire rotation, if you need to change the oil the code will still come up for oil change.